Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day Cakes

As our family continues to grow (a special thanks and shout out to baby Megan)…we’ve been having more and more reasons to celebrate! Birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, babies, and of course the usual holidays where gifts are likely given (i.e. mothers day, fathers day, Christmas, etc.). While I’m not complaining, it has been quite a strain on our wallets.

In a valiant effort to be a little more budget conscious, I decided to bake mother’s day cakes! Unfortunately, these cakes actually turned out to be pretty dang expensive. If you add up the cost of the supplies I had to buy (tools and groceries), the fact that I made 2 cakes as practice and need to make 2 more cakes as a final...ugh…I don’t even want to talk about how much I ended up spending.

Anywho, thanks to my main squeeze, Min, I am now a proud owner of a kitchenaid stand mixer. Luckily, my handy dandy mixer made making cakes from scratch so easy even though the first two cakes i made resulted in utter disaster. As the saying goes ‘third time’s a charm’ and hopefully this saying will bode well in my favor!!!

I got ideas/recipes for the cakes from the following:

Iambaker
Wilton.com


I’ll post pictures and results later.

No comments:

Post a Comment